Most recent PM consulting, training and courseware development engagements:
Project Management Consulting:
- Worked at a major Boston financial firm to establish Project Management Office for various business units. With VP and Director, strategized and planned for services provided, longterm (2016-2017) schedule and regular project reviews.
- Worked with a large ($11B) manufacturing firm to streamline project management processes. Current effort is to take their very robust stage gate process and pare it down for smaller, less risky projects. This will involve process flow as well as risk analsysi.
- As part of a two-person team, I was engaged by a Midwestern pharmaceutical company to help set up a project management office. During our interviews and discovery, management realized that they had four crucial projects that were floundering. So they redirected us to help drill deep into these projects to better establish the schedule and risks. Over the course of three days – and using swim lanes – we laid out the four projects side-by-side to establish pain points and decision areas. As a result they instituted daily stand-up meetings and one of the projects has launched. And as a result of a report we prepared, they now have a roadmap towards a successful PMO implementation.
- Consulted with the VP and CEO of a credit union in Connecticut to help them develop a schedule and processes for rebranding their entire company. Rebranding included new web site, signage, business cards, ATM information. Mentored new project manager in project management processes, Microsoft Project and meeting management. See customer testimonial under Project Management Consulting on testimonial page.
- Advised a consulting firm in Boston whose project management methods had become discredited. Working with their CIO and one of their internal project managers, we created a series of seminars for IT staff to help them better understand what services the project management office could provide and gave them training in project management fundamentals
- Created a schedule and risk register for a Boston-based pharmaceutical company to help them overcome obstacles with the FDA and get their shipping schedule back on track.
- Consulted with a university in New Hampshire about the viability of using Microsoft Project standalone to create and maintain a master schedule. Advised them to instead use an enterprise-wide solution.
Project Management Courseware Development:
- Created courseware for a Boston-based training company for their private Project Management Professional (PMP) offering. This included workbook, slides, flash cards and a variety of self-test questions.
- Created (and taught) project management courseware for a New Hampshire-based manufacturing firm. This covered everything from Initiating through Closing (with group exercises) and a discussion of PMP certification.
Project Management Training:
- Provided training for hundreds of PMP candidates for JP Stewart Associates customers and for companies that provide nationwide public offerings.
- Conducted several webinars on “Everything you ever wanted to know about becoming a PMP.”
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Acted as subject matter expert for a consulting firm. Their goal (ongoing) is to create an e-learning system for their customer. My role was to review the material for project management soundness and best practices.
- Spoke at Project Management and Business Analyst Summit Boston on Using Assessments to Increase Project Manager Maturity.
- Spoke at PMI Central Massachusetts on the topic of Using Assessments to Increase Project Maturity
- Spoke at PMI New Hampshire on the topic of Top Ten Reasons Why Projects Fail